June 30, 2009 (this may be my last update – Over 1,300 cities will participate):
Just 4 Days remain between now and the Independence Day Tea Party Patriotic Celebration in Arvada, Colorado. A large number of people have committed to join as American citizens to share their concerns about our nation’s current condition and future. In years past, we gathered on this date with friends and family, as plain folks who loved our nation, and celebrated its greatness. On this 233rd Anniversary of our Nation’s Independence, we will do the same, but this year we will come together with an additional purpose.
This July 4th we will come together in celebration and in defense of our nation. We need to meet each other, encourage one another in the task at hand, and begin to layout plans to wrest our nation back from the hands of an out of control government. We must begin the process of re-establishing our freedoms, and for our posterity.
Where & When?
Our Independence Day Tea Party Patriotic Celebration in Arvada, Colorado is:
* Saturday, July 4, 2009 (four days from today),
* From: 1:00pm - 8:00pm (You do not have to stay all day),
* Location: Pioneer Park Pavilion (East of the Recreation Center)
* Address: 9101 Ralston Road (58th Avenue & Garrison), Arvada, CO
** Parking is available at the Ice Arena, at the shopping center west of the park, or along Brooks Drive on the north side of the park.
* The City of Arvada will have a fantastic fireworks display that starts this year at 9:00. You can stay and view it from the park or move closer to Lutz field at 58th and Kipling Street.
* Visit the web site http://hearus-now.org/ for the event agenda. We are working on a specific schedule of events, but the format for this event is more fluid than the previous two Tea Parties that took place at the State Capitol.
* There will be various speakers throughout the day including Brian T Campbell, Sr. and Jon Caldera, as well as some open microphone time for you.
* As noted in previous messages, this is a Pot Luck Picnic. Please bring any food you would need for yourself and your family. We ask all who are able to bring extra food items (side dishes or deserts), which may be shared with other attendees. To keep the menu simple we are specifically requesting hot dogs, buns, condiments, chips and bottled water. Hotdog and burger buns for the pulled pork sandwiches and chips will be available as long as the supply lasts. Coolers with ice will also be needed. Please remember to bring your own paper plates, silverware, napkins, coolers, beverages and ice.
* Pulled pork sandwiches will be available be for a small charge of $1.00 per sandwich. The pulled pork was an expensive endeavor taken on by one person so the charge will defray his costs.
* Volunteers will cook the food and serve it. Food will be served from 1:30 PM until 4:00 PM. Any food that remains after the event will be donated to the Denver Rescue Mission.
* This is our American celebration as Americans. So in the spirit of community and sharing, we WELCOME ANYONE who is not able to bring anything but themselves or their family. We would all be proud to share with you.
* Be prepared for any weather conditions. You may bring umbrellas or awnings for shade, and your own seating or blankets.
Activities will include:
* Horseshoes (bring your own Horseshoes),
* Tennis (bring your own rackets and balls),
* Balloon toss,
* 3-legged race,
* Feel free to add in your own outdoor games, and
* There is a playground for smaller children and the young at heart.
* A Voter Registration Drive – If you are not registered, please take advantage of this opportunity.
How can Folks help?
* Please show up (Numbers Matter), & Encourage others to do likewise,
* Please let us know if you are attending by RSVP on this Facebook page or by way of email at email@example.com,
* There are many needs from set up to clean up. The organizers have established a Facebook site, which is linked at the event web site http://hearus-now.org/. Please visit to the web site if you wish to help in any capacity.
* Don’t forget to bring sun screen, and water. The park has good shade trees but it also has wide open space. Feel free to bring your outdoor games (volleyball, horseshoes).
* REMEMBER, the Park prohibits alcoholic beverages and fireworks. Please do not bring any.
* Bring your signs and Flags. Feel free to bring any information on your group, blog, or organization you wish to distribute. You may “network” with others and let them know what you’re doing to stand up and be heard.
* If you plan to bring food and have not purchased those items yet, I suggest you do so within the next day or so. Items such as hot dogs and buns are will be flying off grocery store shelves by tomorrow.
* Lastly, a few folks contributed a decent amount of their personal finances to make sure this event took place. Please locate a donation container and contribute what you can if you are able. The donations are simply an attempt to offset the event expenses.
If this event is not for you, please Visit the Tea Party (http://www.teapartyday.com/) Web Site for another event location near you.
If you want to contact me for more information, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at Twitter, Facebook, or at America’s Godly Heritage (http://americasgodlyheritage.blogspot.com/).
Remember this Independence Day is a unique American event. The Tea Party is going to take all of us to make it a success. This is our time to come together, celebrate our nations birth, meet each other, discuss the issues concerning us, and begin to work together to find solutions. Thanks to all of you who chose to get involved and make this your event, assuring it remains a “grassroots” movement.
We look forward to a great day.
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke
THE CONSTITUTION MATTERS
Article. II. - The Executive Branch – Section 1 - The President – No person except a natural born Citizen, … shall be eligible to the Office of President.